We were waiting for Jim to get home to open presents. I had already let her open her present from the Bowles and that helped tide her over until Jim came. Miriam did a good job giving Lizzie space and making polite comments (even though she had been rather awful the rest of the day). Lizzie got a skirt, a capri/top outfit, a "Magic Tree House" book, 50ft of princess coloring pages, and her new piano books.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
And Now We Are Six!!!
Today was a big day for Lizzie Henshaw...or as she now likes to be called: Liz Henshaw. It was the last day of school AND her birthday. We managed to make it on time on the third early day this week (not so successful with the first two). She had a fun day and got to wear a birthday crown. It was a good year with Mr. Shields. I got her report card and she did great. She improved from the beginning of the year and is reading on a second grade level.

After school, we came home and divie-ed out the juice boxes and fruit snacks from her emergency pack. Then we filled in the rest of our tummies with some lunch. After lunch, we watched Shrek, but paused in the middle when Snow White called to wish Lizzie a happy birthday. We finished Shrek and I decided we needed an outing, so we headed off to Cold Stone to get Lizzie's free ice cream and some for the rest of us. We came home and put Rachel down for a much needed nap and settled in for another movie (Shrek 2).
We were waiting for Jim to get home to open presents. I had already let her open her present from the Bowles and that helped tide her over until Jim came. Miriam did a good job giving Lizzie space and making polite comments (even though she had been rather awful the rest of the day). Lizzie got a skirt, a capri/top outfit, a "Magic Tree House" book, 50ft of princess coloring pages, and her new piano books.


After presents, we got our shoes and socks on and headed out to Chuck E. Cheese! We met up with our friend Jazz (who shares a birthday with Lizzie) and her kids. They had so much fun running around and playing. They are pretty independent, except for Rachel, but Jim got some good play time in with Lizzie. Miriam lost her token card shortly after receiving it, so she wandered around and just played. I think Lizzie shared with her and I shared with her when she was nearby. We also played a game of air hockey. Rachel was content to ride a ride and then just sit on it, climb off, climb on, sit, push buttons, etc. After the token cards were empty, we were done and came home.
On our way home, we asked Lizzie what her favorite part of the day was, she said it was having Snow White call her. I'm so glad I spent that money at Chuck E Cheese. Whatever, I'm pretty sure she enjoyed her whole birthday. And I can't believe I have a big six-year-old!!! What fun.
We were waiting for Jim to get home to open presents. I had already let her open her present from the Bowles and that helped tide her over until Jim came. Miriam did a good job giving Lizzie space and making polite comments (even though she had been rather awful the rest of the day). Lizzie got a skirt, a capri/top outfit, a "Magic Tree House" book, 50ft of princess coloring pages, and her new piano books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sounds like a pretty fabulous way to turn 6! I love her birthday crown. How grown up of her to want to be called Liz. It just doesn't roll off my tongue, but if that's what she wants to be called then there you go. Glad you guys had fun at Chuck E. Cheese! Weston was jealous. :) Now it's on to all the fun summer activities!
Happy Birthday to "Liz"! (Too funny with wanting to be called Liz now). What a fun day. I can't believe she is 6 now. So big!
What a good mom taking her to Chuck E Cheese! The one by us is loud, crowded and has nasty pizza. My kids love it of course. I never take them unless we get invited to a party ;)
Glad she had a good day...happy birthday, Liz!
[url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 37.5[/url] are tablets that supporter trim body weight. Everybody of these tabs has to be enchanted with water, round 20 minutes before a collation, twice a day.
Post a Comment