Wednesday evening, we were finishing up dinner and I was getting ready to go to a meeting. Miriam asked, "Is Daddy going to babysit us tonight?" "No," I said, "Daddy is going to take care of you tonight. He is your father, not your babysitter."
No matter what you call it, the girls always have fun with their daddy. When I got home later, I deduced and then he told me about their busy evening. The dishes were all done AND loaded in the dishwasher, the house was all picked up, but there were still a few clues as to what they had been up to. I found the rules to Guess Who? under the kitchen table; they had also played Connect Four. In my bathroom, all the stuff on the counter was out of place...and the mirror had been smeared with who-knows-what; the girls cleaned the bathrooms too. I also found the DVD case for "The Princess and the Frog" on the floor near the sofa; Rachel had watched "Tiana Show!"
It was a fun evening for everyone. Mommy got the added bonus of being able to shop for upcoming birthdays, vacations, and 4th of July all by herself too!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Good job with the correction! I hate it when people call the dad the babysitter. So what, am I just a full time, live-in babysitter too? ;) Glad you got some shopping time in. That's always a bonus.
Wahoo!! That definitely sounded a win win situation! Love things like that. That is cute they love having time with their dad too.
It's always great that they have quality "Daddy" time and you have quality "shopping" time. All of that is important! I need to brainstorm with you about Rachel's B-day. I'll talk to you soon.
I love your answer back to the girls ... that daddy is NOT the babysitter! It looks like they had fun. I love how they "helped" clean up. Too cute!
Post a Comment