Jim and I got to go on a date Saturday night to Cafe Rio. They just opened one in Oxnard and it was SUPER good! After dinner we ran over to Walmart to get Jim new sunglasses. Then we stopped by the train station and picked up Jules who came up for Sunday.
Sunday morning, we let Daddy open his presents and then we made him breakfast. At preschool, Miriam made Daddy a place to hang his keys . We also got him a white shirt, cashews, and a photo book I put together of his girls. At breakfast, Rachel chugged her entire sippy cup of chocolate milk without taking it out of her mouth once! It was hilarious.



Grandma B and Grandpa Bob were waiting at our house when we got home from church. They had presents for everyone: birthday for Lizzie and Rachel and graduation for Mimi. Unfortunately, there was too much commotion with all the presents and opening for me to take any pictures. Julianna got Lizzie a bathrobe, which she loved and wore immediately. Grandma and Grandpa gave her new pjs that match her Bitty Baby! So cute all snuggled in her bed with her doll. Mimi got a beautiful princess pen that lights up from Auntie Jules and a little stuffed poodle in a cute purse from G&G. Also so cute snuggled in bed with her poodle! Rachel got the diaper bag and accessories for her Bitty Baby from G&G and she got a little set of squeaker princesses from Auntie Jules. She was a big fan of both. She also loved the "Money!" she got from Auntie Jules (a gold dollar) and showed it to everyone.
After all the present excitement, I got dinner going. We had Parmesan-encrusted tilapia, summer squash, yummy rice and salad. We squeezed all eight of us at the table too! After dinner we had a birthday cake for Lizzie and sang to her. I tried to convince her to go for chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, but she decided on vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and it was yummy too. (Check out my mad cake-decorating skills!)


Eventually, Grandma and Grandpa and Jules had to leave and it was sad. We survived the rest of the evening with a movie and then put everyone to bed early! It was so fun to visit with my folks and especially to have Julianna for the day. We wish we could have her with us all the time!!!
1 comment:
Ok first of all, I somehow missed this post. Second, Joy, your hair looks SO cute!
Sounds like a great Father's Day weekend. How fun to get to have the family there. I love the key holder Mimi made too. Very fun. Your cake looks so pretty! I'm horrible at writing on cakes and I've never even attempted a layered cake, so I'm impressed. Love you guys!
Post a Comment