Thursday, June 3, 2010

Park Day!

With the school year winding down, Lizzie doesn't really have any homework these days. We've started getting in the bad habit of just watching a movie after school! So yesterday, we went to the "pirate park" instead. It's been awhile and ALL the girls were so excited. Rachel spent most of the time on the swing. "Swing high!" she kept telling me. She loved it. We took a couple breaks to try everything else on the playground, but ended up at the swings again.

Miriam spent the entire time yelling, "Look at me Mom!" and then dangling like a monkey from various parts of the playground. She was really brave and climbed up, over and on everything. I think my favorite was when she was riding the sea horse in every position imaginable: backwards, on it's head, on the tail, etc. Again, so bummed I didn't have my camera.
By the end, all three girls were going round and round: climbing the stairs and going down the slide together. It had three slides next to each other, so they could each have their own. Every time, the first drop would scare Rachel, so she would hold onto one side and flip over and go down on her side/stomach. I thought she was hitting her head and her face each time. I said, "Are you okay?" "More," she said. I think she was fine. It was a great afternoon and I'm looking forward to more just like it this summer. (And I'll remember my camera next time.)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon! We are finally having nice 70's and 80's weather. I am looking forward to daily park trips once Davin is feeling better!

Whitney and Blake said...

That park looks like so much fun!

Grandma B said...

Three slides in a row and three girls in row. What a perfect scenario! Are you going to do your morning walks again this summer? Only 9 1/2 more schools day . . .yippee skippee!!