Monday, June 21, 2010

Go Potty!

This Rachel girl is another story. Luckily, she really is cute, but she has brought mischief to a new level. I have to check on her every couple of minutes. Even if I leave her happily playing with appropriate toys. Grrrr.... Here is how I found her this morning.
She was sitting there all excited saying, "Go potty! Go potty!" Yeah, right! I wish you could do that already. Maybe it's time to pull out the little potty though. We'll see. We did get her a booster seat. She LOVES sitting at the table with everyone or all by herself. Her favorite game is to try and buckle herself in: "Help, Momma!" and then she wants out: "Help, Momma!" Then she wants buckled again: "Help, Momma!" Oh. My. Goodness.
This was Sunday afternoon, she climbed into her chair and was playing with her new toys from Auntie Jules. So cute!!! She knows all their names and loves to play games with them.
The flip side of all this cuteness is the fits and tantrums she throws anytime anything is not exactly the way she thinks it should be. So not cool. Most of the time I can distract her or mollify her, but sometimes I just have to let her scream it out. Those are my favorites. But I'll take the bad with the good and we'll keep her.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

She's such a cute girl. I love that pic of her on the potty! Pants on and everything. Those princess toys from Auntie Jules look fun too. What a good aunt. :) Hope the tantrums dissipate on their own soon.

elizabeth said...

There must be something with the youngest child and pulling out to the TP b/c Melanie would do that all the time when she was two too! She does look awfully adorable playing with her new toys! Thanks for the wonderful dinner and fun visits!! I'm already missing you all already :-)

sara said...

Her and Maggie should hang out - they are two peas in a pod. Maggie is ALwAYS into mischief and throws the worst tantrums...but is oh so cute. It's hard to get too mad at them!

Tara and Tyler said...

Rachel makes me want to cry. Anytime I even mention the word potty to Gem she just goes into hysterics. If I am lucky she will be potty trained in time for kindergarten.

Amy said...

So is there a hint of perfectionist in your little Rachel as well? I think we're living a mirrored life when it comes to the little ones--Hailey's exactly the same way when she gets an idea of how something "should" be. Plus, she's attempting to potty train herself--I'm holding off 'til the end of swimming lessons. I think I might miss the convenience of diapers!